Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Ability Gives Program and Eligibility
A Pollack Family Initiative in partnership with Ability Online
Having a child with a disability brings a unique set of challenges to your life. From learning how to manage their health needs to wanting to help them achieve their personal best. It's a 24/7 undertaking! And then you add in all the "extras", the adapted equipment, specialized seating, writing aids etc that quickly drain your financial resources. While there are some financial supports available, the full cost is not always covered or you may not meet all the eligibility requirements, and it is that amount that may prevent your child from getting what he/she needs to be as self-sufficient as possible. Ability Gives wants to help. We want to bridge that financial gap and turn the impossible into possible!
Eligibility and process: February 2013 -we now have an extensive waiting list. No new grants will be considered until June 2013. But register and be active on the site -that will put you in position to be considered for a grant.
- Applicants must be active members of Ability Online (and have been active members for a minimum of 3 months) who reside in Canada (An active member logs on to the Ability Online site more than once a week and reads and posts messages to other members). The most active members will be given priority consideration.
- The device/equipment requested will make a significant difference in the life of a child/youth 18 years of age or under (Sorry but we are unable to fund services/therapy at this time)
- Family must be willing to post their child's story and picture on our web site (first names only). Written or video testimonials welcome. Please send all documentation etc to email@example.com
- We will rally the community at large to help raise the funds required
- Only one equipment request per family
- Due to the overwehlming demand for our program we are UNABLE to fund home renovations or accessible vehicles or retrofits. Grants are limited to personal mobility aids, therapeutic equipment and communication aids.
- We are now only able to grant 2 requests per month so there may be a waiting period before your request can be considered.
Are you a family in need? Click here to tell us your story.
If you know of someone in need, please let them know of our program!
Ability Gives Team:
- Corey Pollack - VP Marketing and Social Media
- Adam Stern - VP Development
- Josh Rosen - VP Technology
- Michelle McClure, Executive Director, Ability Online